Far Eastern People Academy of Science
The analysis of tendencies, realities and development of smaller settlements in conditions of deep transformational decline leads to the following conclusions:
- reforms "from above" can't be positive for territories aud their population;
- state and structural dismanagement;
- distraction of social and industrial basis of the settlements;
- rise of ecological problems.
Two groups of enterprises can organize the activity of local residents;
1. State, private and joint-stock companies with hired labour;
2. Small business enterprises: servises sphere, shops, handicraft shops, farming and cooperatives.
Very often employed workers are forced to sell ther labour at low wages. Small business enterprises organize their productive activity on the basis of co-coperative movement.